Colleagues and Fellow Veterans,
We’ve written you previously about the new Veterans Employment Center (VEC) on eBenefits and am writing again to remind you of this wonderful new tool and encourage you to post your VEC profile and ask your Veteran friends and family members to do the same. One of the most recurring questions I get asked is simply … I want to hire Veterans … how do I find them. This is the answer.
Launched in April, the VEC is the first government-wide product that provides verified job seekers the tools to translate military skills into plain language and build a profile that can be shared instantly with public and private employers that have real job opportunities. Currently, there are over 1.5 million jobs listed on the VEC, and hundreds of employers have made commitments to fill more than 165,000 positions with Veterans, transitioning Servicemembers, Guard and Reserve members, and their families.
Here are some of the benefits you get from the VEC:
- Skills Translator: Translate military occupational codes into civilian skill equivalents for a powerful profile and learn about related civilian career paths.
- Profile & Resume Builder: Seamlessly import results from the skills translator into an online profile that you can download or publish to employers on the VEC. Publishing your profile on the VEC instantly connects you to thousands of employers looking to hire Veterans, transitioning Servicemembers, Guard and Reserve members, and your families.
- Veterans Job Bank (VJB): The VJB allows you to search over 1.5 million jobs in addition to all federal jobs – including positions reserved especially for Veterans.
- Employer Commitments: View a list of hundreds of employers and organizations that have made a commitment to hire or train individuals like you, and then link directly to their site to get more information.
- Other Resources: The VEC contains or links to a broad set of other informational resources designed to help you find meaningful career opportunities and take advantage of special government and partner programs.
If you have already completed your profile on the site – thank you. We are always adding more content and tools, including job-related training and other resources, so please check back often to see if there’s something new that will help you or your family members reach your career goals.
If you or a friend is an employer looking to hire Veterans, please check out the employer resources. The VEC allows employers to make public hiring commitments, post jobs, search a bank of verified job seeker profiles, and access other resources designed to help employers recruit and retain talented Veterans, Servicemembers, and their families.
If you have any questions or need technical assistance with the site, please contact the VEC support team at: email@example.com.
Curtis L. Coy
Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity
Veterans Benefits Administration
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
- If you would like to review prior messages sent through this listserv, click http://benefits.va.gov/vow/economic_opportunity.htm.
- If you would like to research, find, access, and, in time, manage your VA benefits and personal information please visit and/or register at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.
- If you looking for a job or an employer commited to hiring Veterans, please register on the Veterans Employment Center (VEC) at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs
- If you are seeking employment in the federal government, particularly the VA, our VA for Vets high-tech tools and resources can help. Visit online at https://vaforvets.va.gov/Pages/default.aspx or call 1-855-824-8387.
If you would like to contact us about your VA education benefits:
You can send us a secure email that will usually be answered within 48 hours. You can also search for answers to frequently asked questions and register to be notified of any updates to the information. This contact method is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can also be utilized worldwide. Click here to enter the “Ask A Question” site or here to review our frequently asked questions.
You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM central time Monday – Friday